Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Convictions

I have been convicted lately of what I am doing for God? What is His plan for my life? I feel like God is going to use my life in some way but how? I was just thinking about this over the last few days. I was thinking about my volunteering in the children's ministry. I volunteer two times a month. I have been convicted about volunteering every Sunday. My hesitation is trying to figure out which time slot I want to be in. This became even more pressing when i realized that a couple from our church might have to take a break and that these children really could benefit from the structure of seeing the same face every Sunday and feeling comfortable with their teachers. I want to help be that structure.

Then I start thinking about my passion for Youth girls. I always have had a desire to pour into young girls and encourage them. So I thought what about splitting my time? I don't feel right now that is the right choice but maybe I can do something aside from Sunday mornings with the youth. Maybe just be an extra volunteer when needed?

Then I have also been thinking about helping out on Saturdays with the community outreach. So i am going to search out my options there too.

So I will volunteer every sunday with the children's class. I will try to keep my eyes open for new oppurtunities and I will try to jump in praying that God will lead in each situation that comes my way.

No comments: