Monday, November 16, 2009

Juicing

I met two girls this weekend that introduced juicing vegetables as a morning meal replacement. This is a fascinating concept to me. They said it was filling, gave them lots of energy and they have lost weight in doing so. I need to incorporate more veggies into my diet. I think this would be an easy way to do that. It would be great to do this with organic veggies. I would get the benefits of all the antioxidants and at a more potent rate than eating veggies alone. Of course, in my research i have found that you must maintain a healthy fiber intake, because the juicing process breaks down the fiber. I also learned that your body digests fruits and veggies differently so they recommend you not mixing the two. The only fruit that is similar is Apple juice and so that one is often added to sweeten up vegetables.





So these ladies recommended getting the Breville® Juice Fountain® Plus from Bed Bath and Beyond. They said it was the best bang for your buck. I think i will get one sometime this week!



They also recommended picking up the book "Detox 4 Women" by Natalia Rose.

No comments: