Friday, August 21, 2009

Mentoring

So i asked a lady at church, Laurie, if she could help me find someone to mentor me. It could be her or someone else but i want to find someone who is passionate about God's Word and who has a passion of challenging younger women. So she met with me and asked another woman to come along. It was really great because i known Laurie since i was in middle school. Getting to chat with her was neat because she would tell me things that she thought or noticed about me when i was younger. I had no clue. Its really interesting to hear what people percieve of you. Its amazing that people can see the Holy Spirit in you and you not even know.

Anyway i am really excited about getting to know these two ladies better and really being challenged in my faith. Laurie asked us to pick up the book "Crazy Love." She is the second person to mention this book, so i am thinking i should read it! I am reading the preface and first chapter...here http://www.crazylovebook.com/ and picking up the book this weekend. I am excited about being challenged! I can't wait to see how God is going to use His Word, and His people to change me into the woman he wants me to be.

No comments: